Fix “Cannot retrieve Tweets at this time. Please try again later” on Twitter
Twitter has undergone numerous adjustments since Elon Musk bought the social media site. The removal of the historical blue checkmarks for public persons who did not subscribe to Twitter Blue is a major development. Elon recently applied temporary rate caps to many account types.
These restrictions, according to his tweet, are put in place to deal with extreme instances of data scraping and system manipulation. Due to having reached their viewing limit, many Twitter users are unable to access tweets. You’ll discover how to resolve the “Cannot retrieve Tweets at this time” error in this article. Error message on Twitter for iOS, Android, or PC: “Please try again later.”
Why can’t Twitter retrieve tweets at this time?
You’ve seen more tweets than you can now display, thus Twitter is unable to retrieve them. Elon Musk put in place a temporary rate cap to stop system hacking and data scraping.
6,000 views per day for verified accounts, 600 views per day for unverified accounts, and 300 views per day for newly created unverified accounts are the initial caps. Elon raised the limitations to 10k, 5k, and 0.5k, respectively, 12 hours after the tweet.
How to fix “Cannot retrieve Tweets at this time. Please try again later” on Twitter
Cannot retrieve Tweets at this moment” error. You must sign up for Twitter Blue to raise the limitations if you receive the “Please try again later” message on Twitter.
You can either access Twitter over the web, establish a VPN connection, or wait 24 to 48 hours for the rate cap to be removed.
Method 1: Subscribe to Twitter Blue
- Launch the Twitter app and sign in using your credentials.
- Select “Twitter Blue” by tapping on your profile photo.
- Choose either the “Monthly” or “Annually” plan.
- Pay the invoice in full to sign up for Twitter Blue.
Note: Your restrictions will be significantly raised after you sign up for Twitter Blue.
Method 2: Use the web version of Twitter
- To view tweets on an iPhone, open Safari in private mode, go to twitter.com, sign in to your account, and then start scrolling through the feed.
- To see tweets on an Android device, open Chrome in incognito mode, go to twitter.com, sign in to your account, and then begin browsing tweets.
- For a computer, run Chrome in anonymous mode, navigate to twitter.com, sign in to your account, and begin reading tweets.
Note: If you’ve been using the web version of Twitter, try using the Twitter app instead.
Method 3: Connect to a VPN
- Force Twitter’s app or website to close.
- Use a VPN, such as VPN – Super Unlimited Proxy, Proton VPN, or Ultrasurf VPN, by downloading it.
- Join a no-cost VPN.
- Reopen the Twitter app or website to resume tweet viewing.
Method 4: Wait for 24 to 48 hours
- The normal duration of rate limitations is a few hours to 48 hours.
- You must wait for the restriction to be lifted if it was recently imposed on your rate.
- Elon noted that the rate caps were only put in place temporarily.
- Rate caps will be raised on an ongoing basis until they stop being an issue.
We have provided you with the important information in the above article if you liked our article do share it with your friends and family.