Do you encounter the Instagram problem “We suspended your account”?
The second mistake says, “There are still 30 days to disagree with the decision.”
Instagram will remove your account permanently if it cannot verify it.
Your account won’t be accessible to others at this period, and you won’t be able to use it.
This article will teach you how to disagree with the decision and fix the Instagram message “We suspended your account.”
Why did my Instagram account get suspended?
You’ve had your Instagram account suspended because you disobeyed one or more community rules.
In some circumstances, Instagram may be unavailable or your account may have been suspended due to an error.
Due to server-side difficulties, many of Instagram users had their accounts deactivated in October.
Instagram experienced a global outage, and users were unfairly suspended.
Some of the reports are as follows: “Did anyone else’s Instagram recently get suspended without cause? Instagram no longer even bothers to allow you to appeal. You merely get an error message?
Did anyone else’s Instagram profile get deleted this morning, then? What is going on?”
“Rapidly checking Twitter to see if Instagram has suspended anyone else #instagramdown.”
How to fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram
You must complete the “My Instagram account was deactivated” form or disagree with the decision in order to correct “We suspended your account” on Instagram.
Once the appeal form has been submitted, you must wait a few days for Instagram’s response.
To confirm your identification, they can require you to send a selfie of yourself carrying an identity.
In rare instances, your account may have been mistakenly suspended or Instagram may be having server problems.
If Instagram isn’t working, you’ll need to wait between 24 and 48 hours before your account is restored.
Fix 1: Disagree with the decision
- Click “Disagree with the decision” on the “We suspended your account” page.
- Complete the CAPTCHA, choose “I’m not a robot,” and then hit “Next.”
- Select “Send Confirmation” after entering your email address or phone number.
- Please enter the SMS or email verification code.
- The suspension of your Instagram account has been successfully lifted!
Fix 2: Submit the “My Instagram account was deactivated” form
- Access https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/contact/606967319425038.
- Your entire name, email, Instagram username, and phone number ought to be listed.
- Once you’ve explained that your ban was an error, submit the form.
- Await Instagram’s email response.
- Send a selfie of you with a code in your hand.
- Await another email response from Instagram.
- If it works, you’ll get an email letting you know that your account has been revived.
Fix 3: If Instagram is down, wait for 24 to 48 hours
- If your account was unfairly suspended, you should see if Instagram is unavailable.
- Visit https://downdetector.com/status/instagram/ or type “Instagram down” into Twitter to see whether Instagram is down.
- Tens of thousands of Instagram users stated that their accounts had been suspended without cause as of October.
- The app is down, and users must wait till Instagram fixes it on their end, according to a rise in reports on downdetector.com.
- The typical turnaround time for server-side and in-app issues is 24 to 48 hours.