Is there a problem with the Reels video saving option on Instagram?
When you include the Reel in your story, the option ought to show up.
When you choose the “three dots” icon, there should be a “Save” option available.
The “three dots” symbol, however, has been reported to be missing by numerous users.
The “draw” option is used in place of the icon.
You’ll discover the cause of the Instagram Reels video save option not appearing, not functioning, or being missing in this guide, along with a repair.
Why can’t I save Instagram Reels?
Due to an app bug, Instagram Reels cannot be saved.
The “Save” option is available in some accounts but not in others.
This has only been tried on one of my accounts, according to me.
The feature is unavailable on my other three Instagram accounts.
The Reels save option is reportedly gone, according to many users.
“Reels has some bugs with your acc. There is no way to save them. Additionally, despite doing everything you required of me and my account having been de-monetized for some time, I am unable to get it evaluated. I know this is a shot in the dark, but is there anyone in #meta? Can you assist?
“Instagram has the gall to attempt to be like TikTok, but it’s too busy isolating half its user base and they can’t even include an option to save Reels.”
“IG is a weird program since all the content is from Twitter, but they deliberately don’t let you save Reels so you can’t repost them elsewhere.”
How to fix the Reels video save option not showing on Instagram
You can either download an earlier version of Instagram or use an Instagram Reels downloader to fix the Reels video save option not appearing on Instagram.
Additionally, you might try creating new accounts, changing accounts, or updating Instagram to the most recent version.
You can also record the video using the screen recorder on your phone and then edit it.
Fix 1: Use an Instagram Reels downloader
- Copy the Reel’s URL (Watch the Reel > three dots > Link) and paste it into Instagram.
- Use a downloader for Instagram Reels like SSSInstagram.
- Insert the Reel’s URL into the text field and choose “Download.”
- Simply click “Download.mp4”.
- View your downloads by choosing “Download.”
- When it has finished downloading, tap the Reel.
- Choose “Save Video” after choosing the “Save” icon.
Without a save option, this is the greatest solution for saving Instagram Reels.
Fix 2: Download an older version of Instagram
- Visit https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions to access the app.
- Get an earlier version of Instagram.
- Check the availability of the save option by opening an earlier version of Instagram (if not, download an even older version of the app).
Only Android-based smartphones can be used with this technique. It cannot be used if you are using an iOS smartphone.
Fix 3: Switch accounts
- If you have multiple Instagram accounts, you might try switching between them to see if you can save Reels there.
- The ability to store Reels could be available on your other account(s).
- If you just have one Instagram account, you can also open a new one.
- If all else fails, you must wait for Instagram to fix the glitch with the Reels save option.
However, Instagram may have purposefully disabled the save option for some users in order to reduce the cross-posting of Reels.
The ability to save Reels is only available on some accounts for this reason.