Is Instagram missing the “Invite Collaborator” option?
When you attempt to invite a collaborator to a post, an error occurs.
You can co-author content on Instagram through collaborations with other accounts.
One account can be designated as a collaborator by the original author.
The individual who is tagged has the option of accepting or rejecting the tag.
The post will appear to followers and on the person’s profile if they agree to the request.
This article will teach you how to solve Instagram’s Invite Collaborator option if it isn’t available, isn’t functioning, or isn’t showing up at all.
Why is the Invite Collaborator option not showing on Instagram?
Because you don’t have a business account, Instagram’s Invite Collaborator option is hidden.
If not, either you have configured it such that no one may tag you, or your account is set to private.
You need a business account in addition to finishing up your profile.
To do this, you can add your name and website, follow other people, and invite your friends.
After doing this, you must wait 48 hours before collaborating with others.
When Instagram is unavailable, you must wait for the servers to come online before using the collaboration feature.
How to fix Invite Collaborator not showing on Instagram
Change to a business account, finish your profile and wait for 48 hours to fix the Invite Collaborator option not appearing issue on Instagram.
You must switch your account from private to public if it is currently set to private.
If you’ve stopped anyone from tagging you, you must now allow everyone to do so.
The “Manually Approve Tags” privacy setting must lastly be disabled.
Fix 1: Switch to a business account, complete your profile, and wait for 48 hours
- Go to Profile > Menu on Instagram.
- Switch to a professional account under Settings > Account.
- To switch to a business account, follow the steps displayed on the screen.
- Complete the profile’s first x of 3 steps, add a name and website, follow a few individuals, and then invite your friends.
- The “Invite Collaborator” option will appear after 48 hours.
Note: After employing this technique for 48 hours, I was able to invite a collaborator (yes, it takes some time for the option to appear). Before, I couldn’t because I already had a personal account and hadn’t finished my profile.
Fix 2: Set your account to the public instead of private
- Log into Instagram and select Profile > Settings > Privacy > Private account.
- Deactivate “Private account.”
Note: Once you’ve made your account public, you should be able to invite someone to collaborate with you. In the event that you are still unable to, you must convert to a business account and wait 48 hours.
Fix 3: Allow people to tag you on Instagram
- Go to Profile > Menu > Settings > Privacy > Posts on Instagram.
- “Allow Tags From” should be set to “Everyone.”
- “Manually Approve Tags” should be turned off.
Note: You must do both of those things in order for others to collaborate with you on Instagram, so be sure to switch off “Manually Approve Tags” and allow tags.