You can communicate with your pals using Instagram’s direct messaging feature.
Additionally, you can create a group chat and invite several people.
Anyone on Instagram who does not have privacy restrictions can be contacted directly.
By tapping on the “Message” button, you can send a Direct Message to a public account.
You must tap the three dots on their profile, followed by “Send Message,” in order to send messages to private accounts.
You could occasionally experience the Instagram DMs not loading issue.
You can solve Instagram DMs that are stuck on the loading screen by reading this tutorial, which explains why they won’t load.
Exactly why won’t Instagram direct messages load?
Due to Instagram’s outage, direct messages are not loading.
Otherwise, your option to send DMs is temporarily suspended since you have sent too many.
your Instagram direct messages are not loading for the following reasons:
Instagram is unavailable (you may check its status at downdetector.com/status/instagram).
You’ve sent too many DMs; your ability to send direct messages will temporarily be disabled.
Note from the author: I’ve been briefly barred from sending direct messages numerous times, and the restriction is usually lifted after one to three hours.
Visit downdetector.com/status/instagram or use Twitter to see if Instagram is down.
A surge in the graph on Downdetector indicates that Instagram is most likely down.
Check the most recent tweets on Twitter and search for the issue you’re having (such as Instagram DM not loading).
If a lot of people are tweeting about it, Instagram DMs are probably not working.
You must wait 24 hours for Instagram DMs to resume functioning if they are down.
How to solve the Instagram DM stuck on loading issue?
Waiting 24 hours will allow Instagram DMs that are stuck on the loading screen to be fixed (if Instagram is down).
Try using Instagram Web if Instagram isn’t available (instagram.com).
You can use the app to report issues or try changing your network.
The last option is to try deleting the cache of Instagram, updating it, or uninstalling it and reinstalling it.
Fix 1: Wait for 24 hours
- If Instagram is down, you can check its status at downdetector.com/status/instagram and wait for around 24 hours for DMs to start working.
- If you send too many direct messages, you’ll be restricted from doing so for a while and have to wait a few hours to use the feature once again.
Fix 2: Use Instagram Web
Use the browser version of Instagram to see or send messages if Instagram DM is having trouble loading.
- Open Instagram on a computer, log in and try viewing your direct messages.
- Download Instagram from the Microsoft Store as a second option. Log in to see your direct messages.
Fix 3: Switch your network
- Connect to mobile data if you’re using a Wi-Fi network alternatively.
- Instead of connecting to a mobile data network, choose a Wi-Fi network.
- You could also try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network, preferably a faster one.
Fix 4: Report a problem
- Navigate to your Instagram profile and tap on the menu icon.
- Report a Problem under Settings > Help.
- Report a Problem > Include and Continue
- Write a report outlining your issue.
Open your DMs, shake your phone, and report an issue there if “Shake phone to report a problem” is enabled.
Fix 5: Clear Instagram’s cache, reinstall or update it
- Clean Instagram’s cache: Go to the Settings app, then select Apps > Instagram, then Storage, then Clear Cache.
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store, type “Instagram” into the search bar, and then hit the “Update” option to update Instagram.
- Install Instagram once, then reinstall it by uninstalling it first, then going to the App Store or Google Play Store, searching for “Instagram,” and installing it again.