Chat Lock on Whatsapp
A new Chat Lock feature in WhatsApp offers an additional level of security to safeguard your private discussions. Chat Lock on WhatsApp, When you lock a chat, it is transferred to a different folder that requires a password or biometric to open. If you occasionally share your phone with family or friends, the feature is intended to safeguard your privacy.
You must tap the name of a person or group and choose the lock option to lock a chat. WhatsApp intends to add more Chat Lock features, such as the capacity to create unique passwords. You will discover how to resolve Chat Lock issues on WhatsApp for iOS and Android in this post.
Why is Chat Lock not showing on WhatsApp?
Because you haven’t upgraded WhatsApp to the newest version, the Chat Lock option is not visible. Otherwise, neither you nor your nation has yet received the functionality. There are several iOS and Android devices that do not support Chat Lock. This is a result of WhatsApp gradually introducing the feature to all users.
How to fix Chat Lock not showing on WhatsApp
You must update WhatsApp to the most recent version in order to resolve Chat Lock not appearing issues.
You might either attempt to sign up for WhatsApp Beta (for Android), speak with WhatsApp support, or simply wait till the feature is made available to you.
Method 1: Update WhatsApp
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “WhatsApp”.
- Tap on the “Update” button.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the name of a person or group.
- Select “Chat Lock” and lock the chat.
Method 2: Join WhatsApp Beta
- Visit https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp to access the app.
- Go to your Google account and log in.
- “Become a tester” should be chosen.
- Search for “WhatsApp” in the Google Play Store by opening it.
- If you don’t see an “Update” button, wait a few minutes.
- Select “Update” from the menu.
- Open WhatsApp and choose the individual or group’s name.
- Choosing “Chat Lock” will lock the chat.
NOTE: You might not get the Beta update right away.
Method 3: Contact WhatsApp support
- Visit WHATSAPP SUPPORT.
- Input your email and phone numbers.
- Describe your WhatsApp usage.
- Specify what you want to say, such as “I don’t have the Chat Lock option.”
- “Next Step” and “Send Question” should be chosen.
- Await WhatsApp’s response for 1 to 3 business days.
Method 4: Wait until the feature is rolled out to you
- Not all users have access to the Chat Lock feature just yet.
- You must wait a few days or weeks for the function to be brought out to you if you don’t already have it.
We have provided you with the important information in the above article if you liked our article do share it with your friends and family.